We are Paul Hogarth.
We make a difference by designing spaces and places with people and the environment at their heart.
Placemaking through Landscape Architecture, Urban Design and Planning.
Landscape Architecture is the design and stewardship of our environment, from streets, parks and squares to waterfronts, estates and woodlands.
We pride ourselves at The Paul Hogarth Company in taking a landscape-led approach, putting people and the environment at the heart of everything we do. Our award winning landscape architecture skills are to be found applied to all stages of development and geographic scales. Whether the detailed design of a civic space or the landscape assessment of a National Park, common to all our projects is a passionate commitment to quality and site specific design.
Meet our team, working together to deliver excellence and make a difference.
While Paul, who established our practice in 1990, continues to play the lead role as Managing Director, The Paul Hogarth Company is very much a team. We are creative, skilled and passionate people who care about making a difference. Our experienced team includes Chartered Landscape Architects, Chartered Planners and qualified Urban Designers.
Come and say hello if you share our passion and would like to join our team.
Local impact. International recognition.
We are grateful to all those who recognise the value of our work through awards. The diversity of these accolades is testimony to the many ways in which we make a difference.
A selection of some of the awards we have picked up on our projects
- Reimagined Boyne Valley Drive: Pineapple Awards – Winner International Future Place Award
- Reimagined Boyne Valley Drive: ECTN Sustainable Tourism Awards – Runner-up Riverside Heritage Tourism
- Letterkenny 2040: Landscape Institute Awards – Winner Excellence in Masterplanning and Urban Design
- Glenkinchie Distillery: Landscape Institute Awards – Winner Excellence in Small Landscape and Garden Design
- Hillsborough Castle & Gardens (HC&G): Landscape Institute Awards – Winner Excellence in Heritage and Culture
- HC&G: Irish Landscape Institute Awards – Winner Heritage Design
- HC&G: Irish Landscape Institute Awards – Winner Resilience & Climate Change Adaption
- HC&G: RICSNI Social Impact Awards : Heritage Category
- Connswater Community Greenway (CCG) What’s Growing on the Greenway: The Landscape Institute Awards – Winner of the President’s Award
- CCG What’s Growing on the Greenway: The Landscape Institute Awards – Winner, Communication and Presentations Awards
- CCG: Planning Awards – Regeneration Highly Commended
- Lisburn Town Centre: Irish Landscape Institute Awards – Winner Presidents Award
- Lisburn Town Centre: Irish Landscape Institute Awards – Winner Public Realm
- Connswater Community Greenway (CCG): Green Flag award status
- CCG: Urban Villages Community Awards – Winner Thriving Places for CS Lewis Square & Eastside Visitor Centre
- CCG: RICS awards for Community benefit – Highly Commended
- CCG: Institution of Civil Engineers – selected as one of the 200 most influential projects in the world
- Connswater Community Greenway (CCG): Construction Employers Federation Construction Excellence Awards – Winner Social / Community Construction award
- CCG: River Restoration Centre UK Rivers Prize – Urban River Category
- Ballymena Health & Care Centre: The Civic Trust Awards – Commendation
- Colin Town Centre Masterplan, Belfast: The Landscape Institute Awards – Highly Commended, Urban Design & Masterplanning Award
- The Wild Atlantic Way, Ireland: The Landscape Institute Awards – Highly Commended, Adding Value through Landscape Award
- People’s Park: SPACE (Shared Process and Community Engagement) RICS NI Awards – Winner, Regeneration
- People’s Park: SPACE (Shared Process and Community Engagement) RICS NI Awards – Winner, Community Benefit
- Living Places – An Urban Stewardship and Design Guide for Northern Ireland: RTPI NI Awards for Planning Excellence – Commended, Excellence in Plan Making Practice
- Wild Atlantic Way: Irish Planning Institute Award National Planning Awards – Winner Tourism and Economic Benefit
- Wild Atlantic Way: Irish Landscape Institute Awards – Winner of Presidents Award
- Donegal Quay: Irish Landscape Institute Awards – Winner of Public Realm Award
- Gracehill Village Square: Irish Landscape Institute Awards – Highly Commended Landscape Heritage & Conservation
- Living Places: An Urban Stewardship and Design Guide for Northern Ireland – Place Making Awards: Partnership Working Award
- Living Places: An Urban Stewardship and Design Guide for Northern Ireland: RTPI NI – Judges Choice Award
- Living Places: An Urban Stewardship and Design Guide for Northern Ireland – RTPI NI:
- Urban Development & Built Environment Award
- Ballymena Consultation – Landscape Institute: Communication and Presentation Award
- Donegall Quay – Civic Trust Awards: Regional Finalist
- The Wild Atlantic Way: Route Identification – The RTPI Awards for Planning Excellence: Best Planning for Natural and Built Heritage
- Living Places: An Urban Stewardship and Design Guide for Northern Ireland – The RTPI Awards for Planning Excellence: Innovative Planning Practice in Planning.
- Portrush Station Square Environmental Improvement Scheme – RICS Awards Northern Ireland: Winner of Regeneration Category
- Railway Street, Balbriggan: A New Beginning – National Planning Awards: Commendation for Partnership Working
- Cornhill Square Ipswich, International Design Competition – Winners as part of Hall McKnight team
- Julienstown Village Design Statement – Irish Award for Participative Planning: Silver Medal
- Bank Street Basin, Coatbridge – Landscape Institute Awards 2011: Commendation Design Under 1 hectare
- Belfast Metropolitan College – Sustainable Ireland Awards: Environmental Project of the Year
- Birr Public Realm Plan – Irish Planning Institute National Planning Awards 2010: Commendation
- Custom House Square – Landscape Institute Awards 2010: Commendation
- Custom House Square – Marsh Fountain Society Award
- Kaohsiung, Taiwan – Ideas for Action Competition – rated Excellent in INTA urban regeneration competition
- Birr Public Realm Plan – Irish Landscape Institute: Commendation
- Connswater Community Greenway – BURA Waterways Regeneration Awards: Winner in partnership category and runner up in masterplanning category
- Custom House Square – Belfast Media Group: Contribution to the regeneration of Belfast
- Connswater Community Greenway – RTPI awards for sustainable planning
- Custom House Square and Cathedral Quarter – Civic Trust Award for Public Realm
- Custom House Square – LGN: Streetscape Award
- Cathedral Quarter Streetscapes – LGN: Streetscape Award
- Custom House Square – ACLI award for Soft Landscaping
- Newtownstewart Bypass – Civil Engineering Environmental Quality Assessment Award
- West Wemyss Village – Civic Trust Award
- Stonehaven Bay Walkway – Aberdeenshire Council Design Award
- Our Dynamic Earth – Civic Trust Award
- Our Dynamic Earth – BALI award for hard landscape
- Stonehaven Shorehead – Aberdeenshire Council Design: Commendation
- Dell of Spey, Aviemore – Association for Protection of Rural Scotland Award
- Dell of Spey, Aviemore – Environmental Regeneration Awards: Principal Award
- East Kilbride Village Streetscape – Town Planning Award
- South Queensferry Streetscape – Civic Trust Award
- South Queensferry Streetscape – Environmental Regeneration Awards: Commendation
- East Kilbride Village Streetscape – BALI Award for hard landscape